It is with pride that we welcome you to our School.
The young life of our School, having commenced in 1997, has so far proved exciting and challenging with teachers, staff, parents and families all taking up the challenge to provide educational facilities and school programs that strive to extend the learning outcomes of our children in the primary years, whilst promoting our children as 'Seabrook Kids are Friendly Kids' and fostering our ethos 'Learning with Confidence'.
Primary Years Programme
PYP - We are authorised!
Seabrook is authorised to offer the Primary Years Programme of the International Baccalaureate.Our recent authorisation report, which is a 5 year evualtion,reflects all our wonderfully supportive families, excellent teachers and students. Some of the comments from our authorisation report include:
- A safe, secure and stimulating environment based on understanding and respect, atmosphere is positive, respectful and inclusive
- Access to global information, an ICT platform that supports inquiry
- Students actively responsible for their learning
- Wide range of teaching strategies including mind mapping, De Bono's hats, thinkers keys, multiple intelligences
- Engages students as critical thinkers
- Children confident in expressing views, children supported to reflect, make informed, independent choices
- Genuine student action
- Enthusiastic students engaged in informative dialogue about their learning
What is the Primary Years Programme (PYP)?
It is a transdisciplinary programme of international education designed to foster the development of the whole child. All childen at Seabrook participate in this programme.
The International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP) is designed for students aged 3 to 12. It focuses on the total growth of the developing child, touching hearts as well as minds and encompassing social, physical, emotional and cultural needs in addition to academic development.
The PYP draws on research and best practice from a range of national systems with a wealth of knowledge and experience from international schools to create a relevant, engaging, challenging and significant educational framework for all children.
The PYP is one of three programmes offered by the International Baccalaureate (IB).
Please click on the following to review the PYP brochure The Primary Years Brochure.
The Seabrook School Song
Our Seabrook song is sung at all assemblies.